Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stony Brook University Electronic Music Concert April 12, 2007

Last month I went to Stony Brook University for their Electronic Music Concert on April 12th, 2007. It was a momentous and wonderful experience!

April 12th, 2007 marked the 4th anniversary of my husband's death, and this year through an amazing coincidence of timing it also marked the theatrical premiere of several of his videos: "Dance for Me Baby" and "Sax Song" from Computer Graphics III and Light Box Series I.

Daria Semegen, the Director of the Electronic Music Studio at Stony Brook University, had contacted me several weeks earlier asking if I could send her a couple of DVDs with excerpts of some my of late husband's videos to include in the Electronic Music concert she was organizing. There are streaming videos that can be viewed on his websites www.gregtjones.com and www.jones-ny-video.com - she had selected several she was interested in from there...

I remember the many months that Greg worked on creating the video and computer graphics content and composing the music, visualizing everything in his mind for months while he was creating the segments, and finally editing everything together... Happily, I was able to transfer the video segments to DVD and send her the DVDs for the concert.

I traveled out to Stony Brook University on Long Island with two of my friends, Sharon and Chuck - it was our first visit to the University and we were amazed at the campus, especially by the fabulous new Wang Center with it's incredible indoor fountains and reflective pools of water...

The concert was wonderful - it started with electronic music playing in a darkened theater, and included several live performers as well as videos... I took some photos and also shot some short video clips of the different events...

Here are the two videos from Computer Graphics III that premiered at Stony Brook. I have uploaded them to Google Videos:

"Dance for Me Baby"


"Sax Song"


and here is the 3rd video - "Light Box I"

No comments: